Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to submit my application?
Submit your application before 11:59 PM AST September 14, 2022.
Is it a requirement to participate in a coaching session?
No, it is not a requirement. Coaching sessions are available for those who feel they would like extra support and guidance while creating their application.
Summer 2022 Coaching sessions will run throughout July and August 2022. Please contact the Alliance Grant Program Manager if you would like to sign up for a coaching session: Grants@AllianceForMentalWellBeing.com
What do I need to have ready for the coaching session?
To help your coach in offering the most effective support, applicants are asked to provide the following in advance of their scheduled session: A high-level one-page summary of the project, including: (1) purpose and rationale; (2) expected results/impact; and (3) alignment with (a) the four Objectives of the grant program, (b) the purpose of the specific funding stream, (c) alignment in advancing one or more of the Action Areas.
Can I apply to more than one stream?
As the lead Applicant Organization, a not-for-profit organization may submit only one application in a funding cycle, and up to two per year (the Alliance offers two funding cycles per year, one in the summer and one in the winter).
Can I apply as an individual?
No. You must be a part of these entities to apply:
- PEI-based not-for-profit organizations, from all regions and sectors throughout the province. All other types of organizations must apply in partnership with a PEI-based not-for-profit organization.
- Partner organizations can include, but are not limited to, businesses, publicly funded entities such as municipalities, schools, and post-secondary institutions, health units, etc.
What does the application process look like? What information will I need to include?
- Project Title and Funding Stream
- Contact Information for the Applicant Organization and Project Lead
- Information about the Applicant Organization and its mandate
- Type of organization and PEI region(s) where the project takes place, including specific community and/or settings
- A high-level 1-page summary of the project plan, including purpose, relevance and rationale, activities and timeline, estimated budget, and anticipated outcomes.
- A detailed proposal to a maximum 10 pages that is structured according to the Evaluation Criteria for this Funding Stream: 1) Alignment – 3 pages, 2) Design & Implementation – 4 pages, 3) Impact – 3 pages (as outlined below)
For more information, please see individual funding stream Request for Applications.
Who will review the application? How will it be evaluated?
The PEI Alliance for Mental Well-Being has a peer review committee that reviews applications using three review criteria:
2) Design & Implementation,
3) Potential Impact.
When will I be notified about the status of my application?
All applicants of the Summer 2022 Cycle will be informed about the outcome of their application by the end of November 2022.
Am I permitted to go over the number of pages suggested on the Request For Application (RFA)?
Please keep your answers to the page-length guidelines provided in the RFA document.
Can I attach letters of support, appendices, etc. to an application?
Applicant Organizations are encouraged to submit up to 2, 1-page letters of support to accompany their application. Accompanying letters will be considered as part of the application’s overall assessment, submitted at the Applicant’s discretion, and can be from organizational partners, communities served, etc. Letters of support should aid in illustrating the project’s intended outcomes, feasibility, and/or its alignment with the Objectives of the Grant Program.
Can I submit two different projects under the same stream?
An organization may only apply as the lead applicant organization once per granting cycle.