Frequently Asked Questions
Is it a requirement to participate in a coaching session?
No, it is not a requirement. Coaching sessions are available for those who feel they would like support and guidance while creating their application.
What do I need to have ready for the coaching session?
Anyone particpating in a coaching session is asked to complete an intake form so staff can learn more about what applicants would like to gain from their session
Can I apply to more than one stream?
As the lead Applicant Organization, a non-profit organization may submit only one application in a funding cycle.
Can I apply as an individual?
No. An applicant must be an organization or charity to apply. Applicant Organizations must be PEI-based non-profit or charitable organizations (including those defined by Canada Revenue Agency as Qualified Donees). Applicant Organizations can be based in any region of the province and their work may fall within any scope represented by the non-profit/charitable sector. Applicant Organizations may submit an application in partnership with other organizations, groups or individuals. The nature of the partnership must be well defined/substantiated within the application.
Partner organizations may include, but are not limited to other not-for-profit entities, businesses, publicly funded entities such as municipalities, schools, and post-secondary institutions, federal programming, and health units, etc. Organizations operating in other jurisdictions within Canada are eligible to be Partner Organizations.
What does the application process look like? What information will I need to include?
In the application you will be asked to provide:
- Project Title
- Contract Information for the Applicant Organization(s) and Project Lead
- Information about the Applicant Organization(s) and mandate(s)
- Type of organization and PEI region(s) where the project takes place, including specific community and/or settings
- Answers to a series of questions related to each area of evaluation. Questions will take multiple forms: some short answer, multiple choice, and some long answer style. You will also be asked to provide a high-level summary of your project plan, including purpose and rationale, timeline, estimate budget, anticipated milestones, and results.
- Budget Proposal broken into annual expenses, including sources of funding including in-kind and other grants received for the project.
- Optional Supplemental Information: Applicant Organizations are encouraged to submit up to two, one-page letters of support to accompany their application. Accompanying letters will be considered as part of the application’s overall assessment, submitted at the Applicant’s discretion, and can be from organizational partners, communities served, etc. Letters of support should aid in illustrating the project’s intended outcomes, feasibility, and/or its alignment with the objectives of the Grant Program.
The steps to submit a Winter Cycle Enhanced Support Grant Application are as follows:
Step 1: Visit our portal webpage (Accessible to applicants beginning December 15, 2022) and select “Create New Account”
Step 2: Fill in the organization profile information, then select the Winter Cycle Enhanced Support Grant Application.
Step 3: Answer the Application Form questions and upload your Budget Proposal to the portal.
Step 4: Review your finished Application Form and Budget Template.
Reach out to a member of our Grants team to get technical support or to ask questions about the application questions prior to selecting “Submit”.
A reminder that any incomplete applications will not be eligible to advance in the process.
Who will review the application? How will it be evaluated?
The PEI Alliance for Mental Well-Being has a Peer Review Committee that reviews applications using three review criteria:
2) Design & Implementation,
Can I attach letters of support, appendices, etc. to an application?
Applicant Organizations are encouraged to submit up to two, one-page letters of support to accompany their application. Accompanying letters will be considered as part of the application’s overall assessment, submitted at the Applicant’s discretion, and can be from organizational partners, communities served, etc. Letters of support should aid in illustrating the project’s intended outcomes, feasibility, and/or its alignment with the objectives of the Grant Program.
Can I submit two different projects under the same stream?
No, an organization may only apply as the lead Applicant Organization once per granting cycle.
Who do I contact for more information?