2022-2023 Winter Cycle of Focusing Action for Positive Change Grant Program
Today, the PEI Alliance for Mental Well-Being launched the 2022-2023 winter cycle of its Focusing Action for Positive Change Grant Program. Over the last year, the Alliance’s Grant Program has supported over 35 organizations on PEI to deliver programs and initiatives that build resilience and mental well-being.
This has allowed organizations to:
- Enhance existing initiatives and create innovative solutions to strengthen the factors that build individual, family or community resilience;
- Support capacity-building and raise awareness of the connection between resilience and mental well-being, based on science;
- Assess, learn, evaluate and share resilience-building best practices and their impact on PEI;
- Generate and amplify cross-sector and cross-PEI initiatives to align and integrate preventative approaches.
Grant Stream Details
This winter cycle will accept applications for the Enhanced Support stream of the Grant Program. This stream offers applicants up to $300,000 of funding over a period of three years.
The Enhanced Support stream works to enhance existing programs, policies, and initiatives to build resilience and improve mental well-being across the life span and across generations.
The grants can also be used to build or deepen knowledge and understanding about mental well-being and resilience through professional development, training, and building communities of practice.
All funded projects must focus on at least one of three evidence-based factors shown to strengthen resilience and mental well-being:
- Supporting responsive relationships
- Strengthening core life skills
- Reducing adversity
Applications will be assessed by the Alliance’s external Peer Review Committee. Peer Reviewers are responsible for evaluating project applications against specific Grant Program criteria and making recommendations to the Board of Directors for funding approval.
Applicant Support Calls
If you have questions about your project or initiative’s fit with the Enhanced Support stream, please book a one-on-one coaching call with the Alliance’s Program Manager, Stephen Loo.
Stephen is available to:
- Discuss the Grant Program objectives and help determine fit and eligibility
- Connect you with resources that may assist in your application development
- Talk through project ideas and potential solutions or partners
Dates and Deadlines
The Grant Program application portal will open on December 15th, 2022. New applications can be created in the portal up until February 1st, 2023. All applications must be submitted by February 3rd, 2023 at 11:59 P.M.
Additional Grant Program Information
For any other general questions related to the Grant Program or application process, please visit the Application Guide or send an email to the Program Manager: Grants@AllianceForMentalWellBeing.com